MV3D is an open source multiplayer game and virtual world framework written in Python. It encompasses a scalable server with dynamic load balancing, a robust set of content creation tools, and an extensible 3D client application. MV3D provides the foundation to build anything from 3D chat rooms to full MMORPGs with the goal of letting you concentrate on creating a unique virtual world instead of the infrastructure to support it. For more information on features, see the MajorFeatures.
- TheBigPicture What is MV3D anyway?
- API Documentation
- Press Releases
- Worlds both active and coming soon.
- TechnicalDocumentation and installation information
- Mailing List
- 03/10/15 Not dead yet! Several people have asked if this project is dead. It isn't, though progress has slowed, which means we need your help! Please consider becoming a contributor.
- 03/10/15 Disabled new logins on the forums. 99.9% of logins have been spam, and we don't have enough free time to sort them out. If you want a forum login, email mike at mv3d dot com or use the above link to visit IRC.
- 07/01/13 MV3D 0.80 has been released today! Check out the release notes. Demo servers are currently offline due to hardware issues but will be back soon!
- 04/14/12 We are pleased to announce the release of MV3D 0.75! Check out the release notes. Demo servers are being updated now!
- 01/21/12 MV3D 0.70 is officially released! Check out the release notes. Demo servers are being updated now!
- 09/19/11 Interested in helping out and running Windows? Check out the new MV3D Dev Environment Installer.
- 08/13/11 The MV3D 0.70 planning session will be tonight at 8pm ET in #MV3D on irc.freenode.net.
- 08/07/11 MV3D 0.60 is officially released! Check out the release notes. Demo servers updated, binaries are up. Windows client, Windows server, and Windows tools.
- 07/26/11 The Demo server will be going down tonight to be upgraded to 0.60.
- 07/14/11 MV3D 0.60 is in QA! Please help by testing out the test binaries.
- 02/21/11 Upgraded the forums to the newest version which has added anti-spam control. Hopefully this will make them a more useful place moving forward.
- 02/18/11 MV3D 0.50 is released! With this release, MV3D is in beta. Check out the release notes. Demo servers being updated, binaries are up. Windows client, Windows server, and Windows tools.
- 02/13/11 MV3D 0.50 is in QA. Please help by testing out the test binaries.
- 10/24/10 Fixed a permission issue on the demo server that was denying non-admins access.
- 10/22/10 New video showing off the new demo world.
- 09/27/10 MV3D 0.44 officially released! Check out the release notes. Demo servers updated, binaries are up. Windows client, Windows server, and Windows tools.
- 09/26/10 Demo servers will go down sometime today to be updated to 0.44.
- 09/25/10 QA on MV3D 0.44. New release soon!
MV3D is available via SVN and is released under the MIT license. You can also browse the source. In addition, source and binary downloads of the most recent release will be made available on the downloads page. More recent Windows binaries can be found on the Hudson build job (these may be less stable than the official release builds). After downloading, check out the GettingStarted page or the UserManual.